To harness your power increases, and transfer that power to the road or track where you need it, RacingLine’s VWR Uprated Lower Engine Mount will give a much more solid drive, and crucially give additional durability to your car.
The VWR Uprated Lower Engine Mount is a CNC-machined, fully engineered replacement unit to replace the soft, standard rubber mount. This all but eradicates fore/aft engine and transmission movement, ensuring clean transfer of power to the road. The difference is noticeable the first time you pull away after fitment and on every gearchange after that (whether manual or DSG).
The risk of wheel-hop under hard acceleration is greatly reduced as the whole engine and ‘box assembly is prevented from juddering when wheelspin occurs and during aggressive gearchanges.
- ADDED STRENGTH – Essential upgrade for modified cars to keep the drivetrain properly located.
- TRANSFORM THE DRIVE – Transform the feeling of your car, through eliminating wheel-hop off the line and through aggressive gearchanges.
- HIGH QUALITY – CNC machined in the UK, highest quality materials and construction, including a full replacement lower mount (not an insert).
- EXTENSIVE DEVELOPMENT – Careful development of our unique dual-durometer (stiffness) ratings of the polymer used, meaning less compromise on NVH
- RACE PROVEN – Developed and proven on race cars = refined for road
- UPGRADEABLE – The upper mounts can be added at any time to supplement this Lower Engine mount with the two upper mounts to provide the full upgrade kit.
For those in the know, the Uprated Lower Engine Mount is truly one of the most worthwhile upgrades for anyone who appreciates the driving dynamics of their car.
The Uprated Lower Engine Mount stiffens the whole location of the drivetrain greatly to give a much tighter, sharper feeling to your car. It removes the loose feeling when coming on and off-throttle, and an increased chance of wheel-hop under hard acceleration as the whole engine and ‘box assembly judders.
This adds strength to the drivetrain, helping to protect from future wear and breakages. Rather than some aftermarket ‘push in’ bushes which crudely fill the voids in the original factory mounts, the VWR unit is a completely redesigned replacement mount assembly and torque link.
Of course, a bit more noise from the drivetrain comes into the cabin, but because of our unique ‘dual durometer’ design, most keen drivers love the sense that they are more ‘connected’ to their car.
For most road cars, we’d recommend fitting the Lower Subframe Mount on its own, leaving the two upper mounts standard. The Uprated Upper Engine Mounts can be fitted at any point in the future as a further upgrade.
We developed the Uprated Engine Mounts after experiencing on-track failures from almost every aftermarket brand of ‘uprated’ mounts.
After much development, we came up with our unique ‘Dual Durometer’ design – using two different polymers of different durometer (hardness) ratings which allows some movement within the mount, and filters much of the drivetrain’s vibration.
The Lower Subframe Mount mount incorporates a cutout to provide clearance on 4Motion cars around the anti-roll bar. This cutout also allows fitment of an uprated anti-roll bar (standard or aftermarket) with proper clearance.
The mount starts life as a billet of T6000 Ali which is fully CNC machined into the finished piece before our unique ‘dual durometer’ polymer mixes are moulded in to to give the strength, stiffness and durability that we require.
All our mounts are designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK.