We all know that highly tuned engines burn more fuel than standard ones. The stock fuelling system in the EA888.3 engines deliver up to around 450hp. However, push beyond that level and the factory High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) can no longer keep up. This upgrade replaces the internal parts that are responsible for pressure and volume of fuel that reaches your injectors to meet the demands that come from higher power.
As you would expect of RacingLine products (especially for such a critical engine upgrade), these are made in the UK with nothing but the highest quality material specifications – the very same materials are recommended for motorsport, aerospace, weapons manufacture, with our hardening treatments carried out alongside many Formula One engine components.
Our new uprated HPFP has been thoroughly developed on road and track over the past 12 months to support our Stage 3 kit, flowing over 50% more than the factory pump is capable of. By removing all fuel limitations from your tuning equation, our HPFP supplies the necessary pressure and volume to the fuel rail to comfortably service up to 650hp.
KEY TECH SPECS
- HIGH PRECISION – Our upgraded HPFP’s internal piston and cylinder are ground to the perfect finish then nitride hardened. Each part is produced in the UK to the very tightest of tolerances, alongside top F1 engine component manufacture and treatment.
- TOP QUALITY MATERIALS – Our retainers are produced from Neonickel Grade 5 6AL4V Titanium Alloy. The plunger and housing are produced from EN40B hardened Nitrided steel. Nitriding is not a coating, which can chip or flake off – instead, Nitrogen atoms are infused into the actual atomic structure of the outer surface.
- HIGH FLOW – The HPFP upgrade has capability to delivering over 50% increase in fuel flow rate to the fuel rail compared with the original pump. For high power cars, this will ensure you’re safe in the knowledge that you will never hit fuelling limits.
- FULLY BUILT – Our recommended option is to purchase our complete new Fully Built pump with our HPFP internals pre-installed, checked and ready to run. We use only NEW factory pumps for these builds.
- FUTURE-PROOF TUNING – As power outputs never stop increasing on the EA888.3 engines, the capability for our HPFP to flow sufficient fuel for 650hp at 7,500rpm ensures this is a future-proof modification to take fuel delivery out of the equation, whatever your future tuning plans may be.
- COMPATIBILITY – Although our HPFP has been developed to suit our own Stage 3 kit, it will support any of the other big turbo upgrades on the market. Most good tuners also now offer upgraded HPFP-specific calibrations from Stage 2 onwards, which our pump is fully compatible with.
DO I NEED AN UPRATED HPFP
The EA888.3 engines in Golf 7, S3 8V and MQB cars have sufficient headroom in their fuelling system to deliver safely up to around 450hp. However, push beyond that level, as Stage 3 cars, and even some Stage 2+ cars are already doing, and the stock High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) can no longer keep up, particularly in the mid-range.
This is an essential upgrade for those looking to go for any Stage 3 big turbo setup, and a highly recommended modification for those pushing the factory turbo to Stage 2/2+ higher boost levels.