The VWR High-Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe for MQB Golf 7 GTI/R plus Audi S3 has been engineered to increase air flow through to the turbocharger as the perfect compliment our VWR R600 Cold Air Intake or even the standard airbox. But, some of the new vehicle models are equipped with ‘MAF sensor’.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CAR IS ‘MAF’?
Check before you order!
The new 2.0TSI EA888 Gen.3B ‘Miller cycle’ engines (all producing around 190hp) are becoming ever more popular across the VWG range.
As these engines now use a Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF), they require a different version of the R600 intake (VWR12 G7R602) and the Turbo Inlet Hose (VWR12 G7R602ITBLA).
It’s very easy to check your car. Does it have this sensor and wiring shown in the picture? That’s the MAF sensor, so make sure you get the correct R600 and Hose.
A simple fitment, it replaces the entire restrictive rear factory plastic bellows’ pipe between the airbox and the turbocharger inlet pipe.
Our Turbo Inlet Pipe is a large diameter smooth-flowing silicon hose, crucially with enough compliance to allow for adequate engine movement without causing damage to the intake. There are solid turbo inlet pipes on the market, but without this compliance as the engine rocks under power, then something has to give – with a solid pipe it will either be your intake, or the pipe itself.
Back-to-back comparisons with the factory pipe on our flow bench reveals an impressive improvement in airflow, and makes a great compliment to the R600 intake.
KEY TECH SPECS
- COMPATIBILITY -The VWR High-Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe is compatible with all factory turbos used in the MQB EA888 engined cars, and at the other end, fits onto the VWR R600 intake, or the factory airbox.
- POWER GAINS -By smoothing the airflow path out of the airbox into the turbocharger, a small but useful power gain is made, especially when combined with the R600 cold air intake.
- FLEXIBLE -The engine can move considerably under load and so the factory turbo inlet pipe has to allow some flex. This is critical – a solid pipe simply does not allow for engine rock, meaning your intake will be damaged!
- STRONG -Constructed from reinforced high quality silicon, the Turbo Inlet Pipe offers great rigidity to prevent deformation under load.
- SIMPLE FITTING -Fitting is very straightforward. Simply remove the restrictive factory pipe and replace it with the new VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe. And easily returned to standard, should you wish.
- GREAT APPEARANCE -As a visible area in the engine bay, the VWR Turbo Inlet Pipe adds to the aesthetics under the bonnet with high-gloss black silicon and discreet RacingLine logo in white.
The VWR High Flow Turbo Intake Pipe has been engineered to aid an increase in air flow to the turbocharger, replacing the restrictive factory ‘bellows’ pipe between the airbox and the turbocharger inlet pipe.
Through improving airflow into the turbo, especially when combined with a VWR R600 intake system, or the standard airbox using the VWR High Flow Panel Filter, more power is produced, turbo lag is reduced and better fuel efficiency is achieved.
Maximised efficiency and improved drivability and torque throughout the rev range means the turbocharger spool comes in earlier at lower revs. When combined with a good air filter, this reduces lag and creates faster turbo response.
With simple fitment and wide compatibility, this is a simple, cost-effective and easy upgrade to your car.
Unlike some rigid pipes on the market which are sure to damage the intake as the engine rocks under dynamic load, replacing this pipe with the VWR High-Flow Turbo Inlet Pipe will not.
Whatever type of intake system you run, fitment of any sort of rigid carbon or plastic Inlet Pipe is therefore strongly advised against. Fitting such a rigid pipe will void any intake’s warranty if any failure is shown to be caused by the additional stresses that a non-flexible pipe will transfer.
Manufactured in UK from high quality reinforced silicon hose.
Reinforced hose used in critical areas to avoid compression under load.
Carefully designed to fit all EA888 turbos, and all intake designs – including the factory airbox.
Please note that as the engine moves somewhat under dynamic load, the original factory rear intake pipe behind the R600 is designed to flex. We are aware of some companies offering a replacing rigid rear pipe using a non-flexible hose. In our testing, by removing the capability to flex will certainly damage the intake.
Fitting such a rigid pipe is not recommended and will void the intake’s warranty if any failure is shown to be caused by the additional stresses that a non-flexible pipe will transfer.
However, the good news is that we now supply a smooth silicone hose replacement for this rear intake pipe which has been designed to work with the R600, and further helps with airflow.
US-market cars are fitted with a Secondary Air Injection (SAI) pipe for emissions compliance. The US-market R00 comes with a pre-installed factory connector in order to keep this important emissions feature legal and full operative. Another illustration of our OEM approach to development and quality.
2.0 TSI MQB / EA888 Gen.3B 190 hp engine with MAF
VWR12G7R602ITBLA (Black only)
VW Arteon 2.0 TSI 190hp 2017+
VW T-Roc 2.0 TSI 190hp 2017+
VW Polo 6 GTI 2.0 TSI AW 2017+
Audi A1 2.0 40TSI GB 2019+
Audi A3 40TFSI 2.0 TSI 190hp 2016-2020
Audi TT 40TFSI 2.0 TSI 197hp 2018+
Audi Q2 40TFSI 2.0 TSI 190hp 2017+
Audi Q3 40TFSI 2.0 TSI 190hp 2018+
SEAT Leon III 2.0 TSI 190hp 5F 2018+
Skoda Octavia III 2.0 TSI 190hp 5E 2017-2020
Skoda Karoq 2.0 TSI 190hp 2018+