* UPDATED DESIGN COMING FEB/MAR 2019 WITH UNIVERSAL BRACKETS TO SUIT S3/VRS *
WHY FIT AN OIL COOLER KIT?
Our much-anticipated Oil Cooler Kit is an essential fit for any hard-driven Golf 7or 7.5 GTI/R running high power levels or in hot climates. It’s a complete ready to install package, using a clever sandwich plate design for straightforward and reliable installation.
Adding power to these TSI engines generates more heat to disperse. Significantly increased oil temperatures means only one thing: a decrease in the ability for your engine to stay properly lubricated.
- Under hard driving, the stock oil cooler is easily overwhelmed. Failures start to occur when oil cannot dissipate its collected heat fast enough and the oil begins to thin and degrade – losing its lubrication properties.
- The RacingLine kit solves this problem: by adding in an additional air to oil cooler positioned right in the airflow in the front of the car, oil temperatures are reduced by around 15 – 20 degrees centigrade.
- Our kit retains the small factory oil to water cooler and adds to it with the front-mounted cooler – doubling up your cooling capability with less heat transfer into the water system.
- As the oil moves away from the heat inside the engine, its temperature drops significantly as it is pumped through the densely packed fins of the 10-row cooler’s large surface area mounted right in the cool airflow.
- Supplied as a complete kit with every part ready for straightforward install.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY COOLER – Our 10-row stacked plate design efficiently forces the hot oil through a series of aluminium pressed plates. Heat dissipates as cold air moves across the plates.
- PRESSURE CONTROL – Our unique sandwich plate oil take-off includes a clever internal pressure-control valve control to direct oil flow through the cooler at correct flow/volume.
- PRECISION MACHINED – Precision machined billet components utilising the latest 5 Axis CNC machines for perfect accuracy, first time, every time.
- 210 SERIES BRAIDED HOSE – Our oil lines feature an attractive outer nylon braid strengthened by a stainless steel inner weave for maximum resilience. Protective external sheath avoids any rubbing damage in use.
- COLD AIR LOCATION – The front-mount location brackets of the RacingLine cooler kit places it in the optimum airflow and ensures that oil temperature drops and excess heat is funnelled out efficiently.
- HIGH-FLOW FILTER – The kit includes a pretty special high-flowing oil filter. Made from stainless steel micronic filter cloth with magnetic pre-filtering, capable of flowing 5x more oil than the factory paper filter.
As you’d expect, the RacingLine Oil Cooler is a beautifully detailed complete kit, developed exclusively for the EA888.3 engine in Golf 7 / 7.5.
The system is designed for straightforward fitting and ultimate reliability. Everything needed for perfect fitment is included.
- Unlike some oil cooler kits, with the RacingLine Performance kit there is no need to remove the intake manifold to access oil galleries for a feed in and out of the engine.
- Our clever oil filter adapter enables the oil cooler sandwich plate to be installed underneath the current oil filter housing on all EA888.3 engines – just screw off and replace.
- This sandwich plate includes an integral pressure relief valving system to protect the system from pressure spikes.
- 10 row stacked-plate oil cooler radiator, flowed to obtain maximum heat dissipation without undue pressure drop.
- Optimum front mounted location behind front lower grill aperture with all necessary brackets and fixing kit supplied.
- 210 Series stainless steel, nylon braided feed and return lines run past the chassis leg into the bumper cavity, then connecting to the oil cooler core.
SO WHAT’S IN THE KIT?
- Oil cooler mounting brackets.
- AN10 210 series Nylon braided feed and return line.
- Billet CNC non-return sandwich plate.
- Fitting kit containing all necessary nuts, bolts, washers and rubber mounting bobbins.
- AN10 10-row oil cooler core.
- Billet oil filter housing with removable drop in filter.