A gearbox that was first seen in 2003, now in it’s 15th year, is the most popular gearbox in the VAG range. It’s fitted to anything from a 2.0 TDI to a 3.6 VR6!
Our driveability software package contains:
- Optimised D mode shift program
- Optimised S mode shift program
- Reduction of unnecessary downshifts
- Increased shifting speed
Special performance package includes:
- Raised maximum shifting RPM to accommodate engine tuning
- Improved clutch clamping force capable of up to 500nm
- Torque limit increased
- Faster gear changes
Extra special Stage 3 package includes:
- Improved clutch clamping force capable of up to 600nm
- 2-stage launch control function for 1/4 mile racing
Software updates from VW/Audi will not resolve these problems. Our software is not detectable.
Known issues and symptoms:
- 2.0 TDI from 2009; shifting at extremely low RPM’s (droning)
- 3.2 VR6; Jerk/knock between 5th/6th gear
- Aggressive kickdown in 1st gear
- 3.2 VR6/MK6 Golf R/MK5 GTI Pirelli/Scirocco R; poor shifting strategy
1. Better shifting strategy
When entering a curve or a roundabout, the DSG has not selected an appropriate gear. This creates poor throttle response when accelerating.
2. Maximum RPM (TDI’s)
The engine rev limit at full throttle goes up as high as 4700rpm. With our software we limit this to a more sensible lower RPM, which allows the car to accelerate faster and the lifespan of the engine and turbo can be increased.
3. Under revving
The DSG upshifts at extremely low RPM’s. Generally, when you are driving at 40-60kmh the DSG is already in 6th gear and between 1150rpm. When giving slight throttle the engine and gears start making audible vibration sounds during low RPM speeds. These sounds will become more noticeable over time if not fixed and will result in permanent flywheel damage. We can fix this problem by raising the shift RPM values and so reduce the frequent up and downshifts. The engine and DSG transmission will respond better and faster when applying throttle. Repair costs would be several times the cost of software. With a simple and affordable software package, your DSG will last longer and have better performance.
4. Sports mode
Many drivers find that the DSG in S mode does not drive very well. The DSG downshifts too early and the engine will rev high. What we do is lower the S mode to make it more suitable for driving in the city.
The software is jointly developed by Harding Performance and TVS Engineering to work seamlessly with Harding Performance or Racingline Performance OEM+ ECU software.