The Fluidampr is a viscous torsional damper (Harmonic Balancer/Crankshaft Damper) and when coupled with a larger diameter pulley, is the ultimate solution when building a high performance 3.0 V6 Supercharged Audi/Volkswagen engine.
The main issue facing Stage 2 owners was the inability to keep the OEM pulley intact. The rubber elastic ring holding the assembly together would either crack or completely tear apart resulting in the mass amounts of billet aluminium replacements being produced.
Make no mistake, this is not a block of metal chewed out to have 13 grooves. After 10 months of engineering and prototyping Fluidampr proudly present the world’s first viscous torsional vibration damper for the 3.0 V6 Supercharged motor.
With its multi function design, a user once installing the Fluidampr can upgrade to a larger supercharger drive pulley in under 20 minutes. No longer the need to put the vehicle into service mode or change the supercharger pulley once the Fluidampr is installed. With the unique modular design users can go from Stage 1 to Stage 2/ Stage 3 dual pulley with a simple add on drive on pulley which mounts to the face of the Fluidampr via 6 countersunk socket cap screws.
- Decreased Flywheel & Gearbox clatter
- Decreased engine noise and increased smoothness on 7 speed Dual Clutch Gearbox (0B5) as well as 8-speed Automatic equipped chassis’
- RPM drop reduction
- Engine Vibration reduction
- Sized for Stage 2 (183mm crank pulley) OEM+ ECU software
- Steel construction with Black Zinc plating to combat oxidation of the elements unlike the OEM unit
- 6 equally spaced M8 x 1.25 threads on a 81mm bolt circle to allow additional larger supercharger drive pulleys to be installed without the need to change out the core unit
- SFI 18.1 certified
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Proudly Designed in Canada
- Proudly Manufactured in North America (U.S.A & Canada)
- Fluidampr to suit 3.0 SC
- Larger diameter supercharger drive pulley to suit OEM+ Stage 2 tuning
- Longer length ribbed belt
- Installation instruction booklet
- M8 x 1.25 x 30mm stainless steel countersunk socket cap screw